Website Canada Post
The Officer, Community Mail Box (CMB) Program is accountable for the efficiency, quality, and effectiveness of the application of the CMB program. Administers program budget and manages program reporting.
- Provides advice and support to Regional Delivery Specialists, (e.g. training, national policies, etc.).
- Maintains CPC SAP E-catalogue information specific to CMB, Street Furniture, Postal Lobby Box, and SOE components/spare parts. Maintains CPC Intranet Web Site information specific to Operations Assets Programs.
- Investigates and resolves sensitive complaints directed to the President, Chairman of the Board, Senior Executive Officers. Prepares reports and recommends appropriate responses for Presidential correspondence.
- Compiles and analyses statistical data as a basis for planning; documents goals and support activities.
- Monitors and co-ordinates Regional plans for the CMB program and ensures field compliance with National program specifications, guidelines, and the corporate plan.
- Provides advice and support on the budget.
- Maintains and controls the needs of tender for supply of CMB, Street Furniture, SOE, and Postal Lobby Box equipment and component manufacturing, CMB site preparation, assembly, and erection of equipment on a national basis.
- Prepares, verifies, and monitors Regional expenditures for adherence to CPC Financial Directives.
- Liaises with the field to resolve problems, gives functional advice and instructions to ensure that all affected line management understands Operations Assets programs.
- Maintains and controls the ordering, inventory, and distribution of CMB equipment, Street Furniture, and SOE components on a national basis.
- Prepares and distributes monthly status reports on progress achieved in implementing the various Operations Assets Programs across the country. Plans, organizes, and co-ordinates activities necessary for timely submission of reports. Conducts surveys and analyses data received from the field.
- Develops, reviews, and updates the CMB, Postal Lobby Box, SOE and National Equipment Warehouse processes and procedures.
- Strong communication, analytical, and customer service skills
- One or more years of experience in a unionized environment an asset
- 1 to 3 years of relevant functional experience
- Completed post-secondary, preferably in a related field OR a combination of equivalent professional experience and training
- Proficient computer skills and competent with Microsoft Office programs
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A