Website Canada Post
Provides guidance and advice on the administration, interpretation, and application on a wide range of employee relations, recruitment and selection, and workforce management initiatives to support all levels of leadership within the Canada Post field environment. In partnership with clients, facilitates the implementation and coordination of employee relations programs and provides advice on employee relations initiatives that maximize the effectiveness of human resources for an assigned area or function.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks; participating in recruitment events and professional organizations.
- Provides specialist advice and guidance to clients on the administration, interpretation, and application of effective employee recruitment and selection processes, to meet immediate and forecasted needs. Also provides advice in regards to corporate policies and programs and collective agreements (as they apply to employee relations issues).
- Maintains a network of internal and external contacts to regularly benchmark and remain current on demographics, future trends and developments related to government standards, industry practices, legislation, guidelines and programs related to HR. Participates in external networking events, associations and career fairs to promote CPC brand.
- Implements, coordinates and advises on employee and labour relations activities and programs for assigned client groups in accordance with national policies and collective agreement requirements. Span the full employment life cycle from hire through to separation: recruitment, staffing, onboarding, workforce planning and management, legislated and corporate programs related to employee relations.
- Conducts research and analysis using internal and external resources to gain insight of current program/project, processes and practices.
- Participates in other HR or cross-functional teams and projects as required.
- Leads small employee relations team involved in overall employee relations program delivery and implementation.
- Researches, and provides advice and guidance to assist the Manager Regional Employee Relations with investigation and resolution of employee relations matters.
- One or more years of experience in a unionized environment an asset.
- Practical knowledge of SAP is an asset
- Proficient in the use of MS Office is required
- University degree in a related field (Human Resources, Industrial Relations, or any other specialization deemed relevant)
- 2 to 4 years of relevant functional experience (experience in recruitment will considered a strong asset).
- CHRP Designation is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bilingualism at an intermediate level in speaking and writing
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A