Website California Water Service Company
The Conservation Coordinator enforces water-use restrictions and pro-actively communicates with customers regarding available programs and ways that they can reduce their water use. The Conservation Coordinator reports to the Conservation Manager and is not responsible for supervising other employees. The position can be located at one of the Northern districts location in California.
- Provides customer service via telephone, email, and in person;
- Works directly with customers to identify ways that they can reduce their water use. This may include existing programs or customized opportunities;
- Coordinates and conducts public outreach events; responds to inquiries from customers and stakeholders relating to water conservation issues and concerns;
- Develops presentation materials and delivers training on water conservation to employees, outside agencies, committees, commissions, boards, community groups, and the public;
- Implements Cal Water’s district conservation programs and makes recommendations for improvements;
- Assists the Conservation Manager with short- and long-term departmental and district conservation program planning;
- Represent Cal Water at various state and local industry forums, and local public hearings related to water conservation;
- Collaborates with representatives from federal, state, and other public sector organizations, private consultants, foundations, and the public;
- Communicates program status to affected groups, i.e. district, customers, management
- Pro-actively identifies water-use restriction violations;
- Investigates water-use restriction violations at the enforcement stage;
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies, Water Resources or related field and/or equivalent relevant experience.
- Must obtain AWWA Water Use Efficiency Practitioner, Grade 1 Certification within 12 months.
- Irrigation Association Landscape Irrigation Auditor Certification or related certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable State, Federal and local laws and regulations.
- Ability to perform basic mathematic functions to calculate figures and analyze results.
- Ability to read, interpret, and explain documents such as water-use restrictions and waste of water process.
- Ability to organize work to meet changing schedules and high-pressure situations.
- Ability to work with others and diffuse hostile situations when necessary
- Ability to use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to written specifications and/or verbal instructions.
- Exceptional ability to communicate new information effectively, both verbally and in writing, in a tactful and persuasive manner.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, and commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Must be proficient in personal computer skills including Office 365.
Company: California Water Service Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chico, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A