Website BNSF Railway
The Management Trainee (MT) Program is specifically designed to develop leaders who will drive the future of our organization. This training program is approximately 6 months in length and includes both classroom and on-the-job training. You will gain experience in our Track, Engineering Services, Structures, Signal, Mechanical, Transportation, and Environmental departments. With challenging work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop relationships, career opportunities are endless.
- The management trainee program is an intensive training program that lasts approximately 6 months
- MTs will attend an initial 2-week orientation conducted at our company headquarters in Fort Worth, TX where trainees will learn about the BNSF culture, network with leaders of the company and receive leadership training
- From Fort Worth, trainees will attend a 2-week technical and personnel training conducted at our Technical Training Center (TTC) in Overland Park, KS where trainees will learn about operations and field safety
- The remaining time will be spent completing on-the-job field training conducted at assigned training location which will include instructor led and web-based training courses as well as numerous job shadows across multiple departments
- Responsible for supporting 3 functional areas: Track, Signal, and Structures
- Provide various administrative support functions to the Engineering First Line Supervisor (FLS) including, but not limited to: management of scheduled manpower activity, capital plan coordination and oversight, material management, claims management, re-collectible activity management, safety management, equipment and vehicle fleet management
- Management trainees will likely be placed in a Supervisor Engineering Support position (career progression after this is employee driven)-see below for more information on this position
- Relocation will likely be required upon placement into permanent assignment
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to relocate within the BNSF Railway operating system to start and/or upon career progression and/or business need.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner
- Proven leadership experience and excellent oral and written communication.
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- I have a 2.70 or higher cumulative GPA in an Engineering or Construction Management Program.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Construction Management or an Engineering program from accredited university to be completed prior to hire OR have obtained a degree within the past three (3) years.
- Experience working in an engineering or construction related environment.
- Experience working outdoors or in an industrial environment.
- Less than three (3) years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future.
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Albuquerque, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A