Website BNSF Railway
The Management Trainee (MT) Program is specifically designed to develop leaders that will drive the future of our organization. This program begins with a two-week orientation at our corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas. During this time, MTs receive a company overview, interact with company leaders, and develop skills for a successful career. Additional training will vary by department. With hard work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop relationships, career opportunities are endless.
- Supervise the activities of signal gangs engaged in construction projects.
- Review projects with utilities and state highway departments. Investigate the use of alternative construction methods and equipment.
- Promptly update engineering personnel with all circuit plan changes and material requirements.
- Ensure proper installation of signal systems.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations.
- Train and schedule employees, ensuring the quality, timeliness and quality of construction work. Coordinate material purchased from outside vendors (vehicles, electronic equipment and other material). Coordinate services obtained from outside concerns (equipment repairs and accommodations to ensure continuous work flow).
- Orientation into safety certification, warranty procedures, Best Way, Condition Based Maintenance, Bad Actor Program, Contract Maintenance and Foreign Billing, Audit Procedures and railroad computer applications.
- Technical Training both in the field and at the Technical Training Center (TCC) in Overland Park, KS. Develop railroad knowledge to understand operations focused on engineering department, including interacting with other operations departments.
- Ability to relocate within the BNSF Railway operating system to start and/or upon career progression and/or business need.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Construction Management, or a related discipline.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future.
- Experience working outdoors or in an industrial environment.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Construction Management or an Engineering program from accredited university to be completed prior to hire OR have obtained a degree within the past three (3) years.
- Experience working in an engineering or construction related environment.
- Less than three (3) years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A