Website BNSF Railway
Do you want to be a part of something that really matters? Team BNSF includes professionals focused on safety, service, and who take pride in delivering the nation’s freight. Together, we help move goods and materials that sustain life and support local, national and global economies. The BNSF rail network is one of the largest freight railroads, spanning 28 western states and serving three Canadian provinces.
Responsible for the disassembly, repair, modification, overhaul, remanufacture and troubleshooting of the railroad’s roadway maintenance equipment machinery and their various operating and control systems. This includes the following:
- Hydraulic systems and their associated components, pumps, valves, motors, filters and hoses, etc.
- Pneumatic air systems including compressors, control valves, air braking systems and dryers, etc.
- Gasoline and diesel engines, fuel systems, diagnostics, etc.
- Driveline components, axles, bearings, ring and pinions, springs, roller chains and sprockets, etc.
- Final and planetary drive systems, gear reduction assemblies, and all other structural and working components
- 21 years of age or older
- Able to work safely in the above working conditions
- Able to work the above shift/hours
- Able to meet the above travel requirements
- Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English
- Able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs occasionally
- Possess a valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with HAZMAT and air brake endorsements or able to obtain one within first 60 days of employment
- Able to visually distinguish colors – red, blue, green, yellow and lunar (clear light)
- Ability to discriminate and differentiate between verbal and non-verbal sounds (signals, alarms, etc.) in the work environment
- Four years minimum of verifiable mechanical work experience or training
- One-year minimum of verifiable training and/or experience working with gasoline and diesel engines on large, industrial equipment
- Three months minimum of verifiable training and/or experience with electrical and/or gas welding
- One-year minimum of verifiable training and/or experience with electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic diagrams and schematics
- Able to use hands and hand tools to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling
- Occasionally climb ladders, get on/off equipment and work from various heights including making repairs on top of heavy equipment and trucks
- Able to bend, lift, walk, stand, and sit for extended time
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Missoula, MT, US
Application Deadline: N/A