Website Best Buy
The Project Team Specialist is responsible for the implementation of all merchandising and functionality tasks associated with large-scale renovations, vendor supported activities, decommissions, store disaster recovery, special projects, and other company initiatives as assigned. This involves working both dayside and overnight shifts as part of the Deployment Project Team center of excellence. Projects includes building fixtures and displays, complex built-in appliance installation, setting planograms and graphics, and ensuring our stores are ready for business each day. They complete these tasks across retail, specialty stores, Pacific Home & Kitchen, Magnolia, territory and market offices, and supply chain locations. They also provide support and assistance to the Deployment Functionality Technician on the deployment of low-voltage IT scope during these projects. The Project Team Specialist position involves travel away from home and overnight shifts up to 75% of the year.
- Assists the Deployment Functionality Technician with the installation and troubleshooting work.
- Completes merchandising tasks including complex interactive display setup, low-voltage and AV distribution support, extensive category planograms setup, implementation of new and reflowed fixture configurations, signage execution, installation of product security devices, and other tasks as assigned.
- Completes all assigned project merchandising and store display functionality support to acceptable standards within given timelines, including follow-up of known issues.
- Achieves certification and installs complex premium appliances within kitchen vignettes in Best Buy and Pacific Sales locations.
- Assists Project Deployment Supervisor with the training of new project team members through job shadowing and sharing of best practices.
- Implement new interactive displays and technologies during renovations, vendor supported activities, and special projects.
- Drives a positive customer experience by building relationships and providing solutions to their needs.
- Perform basic and advanced functionality support on store interactive displays during large scale resets and remodels.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge and proficiency of complex vendor-provided displays.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to work extended overnight and weekend shifts
- Current, valid driver’s license
- 3 months of demonstrated merchandising, technical and/or functionality support skills.
- Ability to safely use small hand tools, light duty power tools, and other in-house equipment
- Have and maintain a driving record which meets Best Buy safety standards (e.g. minimal number of violations/accidents, etc.)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the year
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A