The role holder will be responsible for strategizing, implementation and maintaining program initiatives in SWIFT Gateway space ensuring Barclays standards are adhered to and exceeded and that all project requirements are met. Overall responsibility to deliver optimal IT Solution of high quality as per budgets and schedule by providing technical leadership and managing Engineering team. To ensure the continual growth of the team and identification and implementation of Engineering process improvements and innovations. Analyse, evaluate and overcome program risk and produce program reports for management and stakeholders.
- Strategizing, Planning and Implementation of new compliance, regulatory projects and MGI projects as well as maintaining and improving Live projects stability and resiliency within SWIFT Gateway space.
- Participate in Roadmap planning, Backlog creation and Prioritization with Product Owners and Stakeholders
- Evaluate architect patterns to ensure high resilience, use of latest tools and technologies
- Collaborating with COE team to ensure continuous improvements / enhancements via various Transformation initiatives that will align to “Better Products Faster” vision
- Maintaining excellent relationships and communication with global stakeholders, other IT teams, Product & Application owners, vendors and SI partners.
- People Management in terms of building competencies, skill uplift, career development, resource conflicts, etc. of Engineering feature team members.
- Act as a communication bridge between Business/OPS and Technical teams.
- Support POCs, product evaluations to make informed decisions for Vendor selection.
- Consistently managing Project and People Risks and mitigation via effective control and Standard Barclays processes.
- Manage Review and Sign-Offs from business stakeholders as well as other team in program
- An engineering degree (BE/BTech) from reputed university or equivalent (e.g. BCS, MCS etc.) with first class aggregate
- Any other educational background e.g. MBA
- Expected skill set is minimum industry experience of 12 years
- Good Interpersonal Skills, Excellent Team Leader and superior communication skills are must have traits of this role
- Well versed with Agile principles. process and practices
- Must have experience in Payment domain and must be part of execution of large programmes end-to-end
- Must have very strong Payments knowledge from a business, operational and technology perspective
- Must have sound understanding of end-to-end Payment life cycle and workflows, especially around SWIFT Gateway space.
- Must have sound understanding and implementation experience of projects under SWIFT CSP programme.
- Must have knowledge and implementation experience of Highly Availability & Resilient systems
- Must have strong understanding of Network segmentation and Firewalls
- Stakeholder management including working with business owners and external stakeholders
- Working knowledge of various clearing system e.g. CHAPS, TARGET2, SEPA
- Must have functional knowledge of various Payment Message formats not restricted to SWIFT MT, ISO Messages, FileAct Messages
- Must have strong technical knowledge to understand the code snippet, technical architecture, data model, executing queries on the database
- Must have understanding and experience of architecture principles, design techniques
- Ability to prioritise, understand value and work with the product owner to align project delivery priorities with business priorities
- Must have understanding of concept of RESTAPI and able to define the API specifications with technical as well as functional details; should have experience on microservice based architecture
- Ability to work under pressure
- Adaptable to changes and high attention to details
- Must be proactive, self-organized and self-motivated person to derive the work independently and lead the design area as role model for the team members
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Application Deadline: N/A