Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Financial control team is responsible for the timely closure of financial books for Legal entities on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Financial Control is also responsible for supporting controls which are critical monitoring checks for ensuring the accurate legal entity reporting
- Ownership of financials including Balance sheet control and month end closure
- Represent financial control in the LoR (Letter of Representation) meetings, which requires presenting financials, explaining monthly variances and tabling key issues and potential resolutions
- Production of reports for data analysis to identify and explain key trends /variances. Where any gaps or inconsistencies are noted, to follow up and work towards appropriate closure.
- Review of various Group submissions including monthly / quarterly IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) reporting
- Deal with product control and risk teams to ensure appropriate reporting and presentation of the P&L accounts and disclosure of the balance sheet accounts.
- Monitoring of capital levels and reporting of large exposures for different entities
- Support Pnl & Balance Sheet enrichment process
- Ensure proper controls are in place and operating effectively
- Engaging in the New Product Approval process and confirm the accounting treatment including coordination with relevant ops team to ensure that new accounts are opened and appropriate entries are passed
- Ensure that appropriate transfer pricing between entities is conducted to ensure that the legal entity financials are properly reflected.
- Support and respond to ad-hoc data requests
- Qualified Accountant – CA, CPA, ACCA
- Strong academic background – minimum bachelor degree from a reputable institution
- Experience in month end closure including Balance sheet control and IFRS reporting
- Ability to manage and lead a team and interact with senior staff across multiple jurisdictions in multiple functions
- Strong control mindset
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and understanding their requirements for effective execution
- Ability to lead teams and motivate staff
- Enthusiastic, motivated, self-starter, proactive and a team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communicator.
- Desire to provide top quality service to internal stakeholders from different areas of the firm /geographies
- Willingness and ability to take ownership of issues and manage through to a successful resolution.
- Eye for detail and exception track record in managing and resolving conflict situations
- Ability to negotiate and influence senior management across the businesses
- Ability to build strong partnerships across the business with excellent stakeholder management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Application Deadline: N/A