- Delivering against financial and customer objectives to enable great customer outcomes, by:
- Formulating, owning and driving an ABL / Receivables Financing segment strategy and plan. This should be focussed on a specific industry sub-sectors or client segments or both and will require extensive knowledge of the relevant area and the structured funding agenda.
- Negotiate and close product sales. Ensure that all client follow up activity including call reports, funding analysis and New Business Proposals, letters, tenders are produced to a high standard in a tight time frame and that all stakeholders are fully informed.
- Support Coverage colleagues with technical product advice, skills and training.
- Performance and sales manage direct and/or indirect reports and ensure self and others are sufficiently skilled to be best of breed in market.
- Maintain a keen awareness of competitive threats/opportunities within the ABL / Receivables Funding market
- Targeting prospective clients to develop new relationships and win new business by pro-actively establishing and managing a portfolio of target ‘new to Barclays’ clients
- Engage with clients at the ‘Board Level’ and be able to hold strategic level discussions outlining the benefits and characteristics of the ABL / Receivables Funding solution set and fit with clients strategic objectives.
- Leading and working with Coverage and credit colleagues to structure solutions
- Take responsibility for maintaining the risk/reward profile of deals written and achieve appropriate returns on capital deployed in accordance with Bank strategy.
- Good understanding of relevant legal documentation
- Strong selling and negotiation skill
- High quality written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong track record and experience in ABL / Receivables Funding within a corporate banking environment, with detailed knowledge of services and solutions globally.
- Entrepreneurial drive and ambition to take the business from current scale to the vision of a high growth sector through significant new business and deal origination wins.
- Good PC skills (including use of word processing and spreadsheet applications) and awareness
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A