Website Bank of Scotland
Cloud Platform Services is responsible for supporting the delivery of one of the core themes within the Group CIO vision and strategy – a Private & Public Cloud capability. We’re looking for Public Cloud Specialist Engineers to lead the provision and support of Public Cloud environments across Microsoft Azure, Azure Stack, Google Cloud and IBM Bluemix Platforms with the potential to work on future offerings.
- You’d lead provision and support of Public Cloud environments across Microsoft Azure, Azure Stack, IBM Bluemix and Google Cloud Platforms.
- You’ll mentor more junior Public Cloud Engineers within a DevOps environment and foster a culture of self-development across other cloud vendors as requirements arise.
- You’d work closely with and lead program delivery teams working on Public Cloud projects to deliver new solutions that meet our needs.
- And you’ll need to ensure the product remains secure and compliant to Bank policies and standards
- It’ll be technically hands-on, leading and undertaking a variety of tasks such as large scale server deployment (Windows and Linux), virtual network configuration (VNET / Subnet), handling maintenance tasks and break fix support.
- Thorough knowledge in all aspects of a platform product offering, providing mentorship in the wider area and with product consumers.
- Guiding and influencing engineering decisions and capability
- Strong DevOps understanding, “Infrastructure As Code” using technology such as Terraform and Chef as well as knowledge of Jenkins, Docker etc.
- Deep understanding around DevOps, Agile and Scrum practices.
- Hands on experience of at least one end-to-end cloud transformation programme.
- Experience of building/deploying Cloud strategies at a technical level within complex organisations.
- Actively exploit product features and enhancements
- Understanding tooling and technology dependencies and offering solutions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of cloud-based architectures (as-a-service), cloud-based design and provision and technology innovation experience in a multi-vendor environment
Company: Bank of Scotland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dundee, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A