Website City of Austin
The Administrative Senior is responsible for providing administrative support to the Prevention Division by assisting with electronic fire system plan in-take, walk-in customers and invoice processing. This is a very fast paced environment in which tasks must be completed promptly and accurately.
Serves as customer greeter at in-take window.
Provides assistance to internal and external walk-in customers.
Processes plan review invoices.
Enters fire system plan reviews into the City of Austin Records Management System.
Answers telephone calls to assist or routes callers to appropriate personnel.
Resolves payment discrepancies and reviews payment invoicing.
Participates in the cross-training program:
Collaborating with other administrative personnel to create, identify, and report on areas within the program;
Serve as a back up to other divisions in the department;
Assist with training of new staff; and creates/Edits/Updates Standard Operating Procedures for the Prevention Division.
Provides administrative support on projects by researching and compiling data. Distributes and reconciles petty cash requests. Monitors and tracks interdepartmental documents. Creates, maintains and archives documents. Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments. Greets visitors, handles their inquiries and directs them to the appropriate person according to their needs. Answers multi-line phones, transfers calls and takes messages. Opens, sorts and distributes incoming mail. Creates and maintains files, documents, records and reports. Orders and receives office supplies, ensures invoices match deliveries, notifies appropriate personnel of discrepancies. Prepares memos, letters and other documents.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus five (5) years experience in a field related to the job.
- Any combination of education and/or work experience will substitute for
- Knowledge of applicable processes, techniques, and methods.
- Knowledge of city practice, policy and procedures.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to quickly recognize and analyze irregular events.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
Company: City of Austin
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nacogdoches, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A