Website Atom Bank
As a Lending Technical Lead you will work as part of the Lending Originations & Underwriting team and will ultimately be expected to ensure the technical capability of all members of the team, across all forms of business and retail lending (including but not limited to Commercial property investment, trading businesses, portfolio buy to let and residential mortgages).You’ll be a lending subject matter expert, driven by excellence and with a breadth and depth of experience across a range of industries, and are experienced in holding and operating a secured commercial lending mandate.
- One of your main goals will be to support delivery of a department of lending experts who are at least as capable as you, and at best exceed your own capability
- You’ll have personal responsibility for reviewing and underwriting new lending applications, further advances and loan modifications in line with Atom lending criteria, procedures and controls, delivering balanced lending decisions in line with your mandated authority, either for cases from your own small portfolio, or as a higher mandate recommendation from other team members.
- You’ll be required to contribute to the development and maintenance of a high performing lending team driven by the ethos of “getting it right, first time”. You’ll support colleagues in reaching their own potential, through proactively delivering developmental feedback, sharing knowledge and providing training, coaching, technical consultancy and guidance on all aspects of lending risk management.
- You’ll be a strong communicator, able to interact effectively both face to face, and via a range of digital channels (e.g. phone, email, live chat) with a variety of stakeholders; from brokers, to customers, valuers, conveyancers and all levels of internal stakeholders to ensure that relationships are maximised
- You’ll also be called on to provide technical advice and sign off for other lower mandate holding underwriters.
- .Work with key stakeholding areas, including but not limited to Business Development and Propositions teams, to manage and improve the quality of applications flowing into the lending pipelinePackage and refer cases outside of personal lending mandate (or support other team members in doing this) to appropriate mandate holders or present to Credit Committee as requiredRepresent the Underwriting Team at Credit Committee as required, offering residential mortgage and commercial lending oriented expertise; preparing & presenting papers as required.
- Ability to evidence exposure to a range of different business sectorsAdvanced
- Ability to interpret property valuation reports to complete security assessments
- Has a strong working knowledge of the legal considerations involved in taking various types of security, particularly commercial mortgages
- Ability to present out of mandate applications to higher mandate levels up to an including Credit Committee
- Able to demonstrate a strong and consistent track record of adherence to quality metrics in current role (e.g. QC benchmark met for a minimum of last 12m)Has a detailed understanding of KYC, KYB, AML and compliance related rules and regulations, lending fraud and the measures/systems in place to avoid ItHolds a good understanding of the intermediated lending marketHolds a good Understanding of the principles of Responsible Lending, Conduct Risk, TCF and thematic reviews
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of pricing loan applications in line with bank approved models
Company: Atom Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A