Website Atlas Air
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for overall project management and planning activities for projects along with all business aspects of the requirements and analysis. The Technical Project Manager is also responsible for ensuring that the final deliverable of a development project meets all the intended needs of the business. Position includes frequent communications within and between all IT groups and levels, including cross functional communications with business and all levels of the business.
- Project Management / SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) Compliance. Must learn and understand current Atlas process & procedures and continually monitor SDLC artifact requirements for all projects.
- Manage projects as assigned – project plan creation and updates, vendor oversight, schedule needed meetings, prepare minutes and status reports as well as other duties as assigned.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Manage tasks across numerous cross functional teams to achieve project objectives.
- Perform requirements gathering and analysis to include: analytical techniques, interview techniques, data gathering techniques, current system documentation, business modeling methods, business process, rules and logic, data gathering to solve complex issues, development of implementation plans, development of requirements, JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions and key analytical troubleshooting .
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during project delivery.
- Create/deliver effective communications to various teams with regard to project status.
- Coordinate all facets of project testing. Test planning, test case creation, communication between IT, business and outside vendor as needed with diligent follow up on issue reporting and resolution.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e., day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (i.e., requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project tasks, activities, documentation, time, and information per internal standards.
- Accurately assess the risks associated with each solution design/project.
- Maintain positive relationships with all customers and assist them with issues or concerns.
- Management of the project plan and the deliverables (e.g., SDLC Checklist development and tracking).
- Project communications (status – progress and variances).
- Steering committee management.
- Coordination with internal IT teams (NetOps, IT security, prod support, etc..)
- Creation and execution of run books for deployment (for bigger projects).
- Business Continuity documentation
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent organization skills
- 3+ years business analyst experience
- Experience in IT Project Management, a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience is required
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to work cross functionally with all levels and teams within IT, as well as directly with business as needed.
- PMI Certification a plus
- Excellent time management, task planning and prioritizing
Company: Atlas Air
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Purchase, NY
Application Deadline: N / A