Website Atlas Air
The Manager Catering is responsible for coordinating and managing all catering and planning functions. Provide training to all new catering/ground department employees. Manage scheduling for departmental staff. Provide backup for Director of Catering.
- Manager and ensure company standards and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Ensuring our customer experience goals, departmental goals and objectives are met
- Develop catering menus and meal specifications
- Manage all the planning and operation of the entire catering programs
- Effectively work with employees at all levels of the organization and with vendors.
- Review and/or respond to all reports from other departments.
- Establish new vendor relationships for station catering
- Maintain working relationship with the Inflight department to ensure departmental needs are met.
- Manage employee scheduling and attendance
- Oversee inventory levels as well as allocation of supplies and equipment
- Process all catering department invoices and ensure all charges are paid on a consistent and timely basis.
- Establish new vendor relationships for station catering.
- Prepare departmental financial statement on a monthly basis.
- Assist as directed on ad hoc projects.
- Attend daily meetings and brief the department on all operational changes.
- Management and handling of any VIP flights/catering requirements.
- Other duties as assigned in order to achieve operational goals and objectives.
- Create aircraft stowage and galley packing diagrams.
- Provide guidance to support staff including onsite vendors and contractors.
- Interact and visit with catering companies and facilities to ensure that all passenger and aircraft catering requirements are met
- On call 24 hours/7 days a week to respond to crisis situations in order to provide guidance on delays, flight cancellations and other irregularities.
- Must have an ability to self-monitor one’s progress and abilities, so as to determine areas for potential development and growth within the company.
- Strong written and verbal communication Skills
- Must be able to work in a high paced environment, driven by tight deadlines and lead in stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively manage time
- Must have the ability to take initiative on a given task and persist with the task to its completion.
- Must be able to identify problems and their sources. While not necessarily accountable for the solutions, an individual must be able to identify potential resources to help in the decision making process for a particular problem
- Minimum 3- 5 years of management experience.
- 5 years of experience in airline catering and commissary.
- The ability to receive direct or indirect instruction and act upon such instruction to accomplish a given task or duty.
- In the event of unclear instruction, must have the ability to ask for additional information at their own discretion to gain clarity around tasks.
- Experience working in the airline industry and/or experience in inflight catering food
- Must possess an ability to manage one’s own time to ensure that the necessary work is accomplished in a given period
- Must be comfortable engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written).
- Must have the ability to actively listen.
Company: Atlas Air
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX
Application Deadline: N / A