Website Atlas Air
This position will serve as a business analyst supporting various financial and operational initiatives within Crew Planning as they pertain to both cabin and flight deck crews. It will involve in-depth studies of flight crew productivity, utilization, reliability and costs for both current and future operations. This position will also assist marketing with pricing for potential new customer opportunities as well as coordination of customer invoicing for additional crew costs.
- Develop and maintain Key Performance Indicators in an effort to identify opportunities for improvement
- Provide analytical support for collective bargaining and other flight crew related matters
- Conduct various studies with regard to flight crew utilization resulting in improved cost and reliability performance. Support operational and financial efficiency projects for Crew Planning and Flight Operations
- Evaluate and enhance crew staffing models to ensure appropriate crew staffing levels are maintained based on the business needs. Develop and support flight crew workforce strategies and ad-hoc studies by conducting data based analyses
- Analyze flight and crew scheduling data to create statistical modeling for reserve staffing based on historical absences and operational disruption.
- Analyze utilization levels at a customer and/or seasonal level to enhance the crew staffing model. Analyze crew basing data to ensure optimal staffing levels at each base.
- Utilize several and varied software systems, including but not limited to: Airline Information Management System (AIMS), AD OPT (Crew Planning optimization software), and other data management tools such as Microsoft Access and SQL to carry out day to day functions. Serves in a business consultant capacity for crew planning by translating data into quantifiable information
- Builds and fosters relationships with internal and external customers as a representative of Crew Planning.
- Ability to present information in an open forum
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast paced work environment
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience using data manipulation software, including but not limited to Microsoft Access and SQL is preferred.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Aviation and/or Business. Master’s degree preferred
- Prior aviation experience is required. Particularly in the airline labor and/or crew scheduling environment
- Understanding of the Federal Aviation Regulations, Part 117, 121, Subparts Q, R, and S and Part 91
- Background in analysis of regulatory, operational and economic effect on Flight Operations
Company: Atlas Air
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Purchase, NY
Application Deadline: N / A