Website Atlas Air
This position is responsible for the review, audit, maintenance and quality control of powerplant data. Reporting the records’ discrepancies to the data providers. Read and interpret the airworthiness directives and assure the vendors and or previous operators AD reports are following the established limit, compliance, and other limits. Use IPC (Illustrated Parts Catalogue) for verification and clarification of engines and Auxiliary Power Units (APUs) part number and their effectivity and limits. Compile and review the Life Limited Parts’ (LLPs) back to birth documents in according to FAA, FAR, Company’s Phase-in Required Documents, service bulletins, dimensional repair report & teardown report.
- Preparation and performing engines and APUs changes by quality audit the on & off engines and Auxiliary Power Units (APUs) Airworthiness Directives (ADs) compliance and verification of all their next lower assembly part numbers, serial numbers, hours and cycles.
- Compile data and generate a usage report of all APUs & leased engines hours and cycles on a monthly basis.
- Review & audit engines and Auxiliary Power Units (APUs) shop visit documents, generate a discrepancy report, and score card for our vendors’ documents quality improvements purposes.
- Daily process of Line Replacement units (LRUs) removal and installation including the parts “On Hold” & Pending” which includes review the part’s certification, part number effectivity & clarity.
- Quality audit & maintain Powerplant Life Limited Parts (LLP) and (Airworthiness directives) AD current status.
- Quality audit & maintain Powerplant Life Limited Parts’ (LLPs) Back to Birth (BTB).
- Other duties as directed.
- Compile and process required data for engines health analysis, including the fan and core vibration, (V1& V2) Fuel Flow, Engine Gas temperature (EGT) margin.
- File and archive engines and APUs technical documents either in hard copy or digitally and retrieves them in an efficient manner when required.
- Solid writing, communication, and computer skills required. Computer literate, knowledge of Microsoft Office Software programs. (Excel, Word, Access)
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills; high level of attention to detail; outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as lead team members; self-motivated; ‘Can do’ attitude.
- High School graduate plus 3 -5 years of industry experience in aviation required.
- Ability to handle multiple duties/priorities on a daily basis; ability to function effectively under deadlines and still maintain accuracy; able to keep up in a fast-paced work environment.
Company: Atlas Air
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Purchase, NY
Application Deadline: N / A