Website Atlas Air
Responsible for the daily operation and oversight of the Catering Department.
- Develop and prepare training manual/checklist for charters
- Preparation of departmental financial statement on a monthly basis
- Supervising/overseeing the catering/commissary coordinators
- Vendor management – researching vendors and sourcing vendors, obtaining quotes with pricing, capabilities, turnaround times, quality of meals and managing relationship with vendors
- Training new hires within the Catering Department
- Oversight of the GCC Ground Coordinators’ catering functions
- Communicate any inventory or planning deficiencies; tracks and monitors performance.
- Preparing and confirming daily & VIP catering orders, revising meal orders and responding tocrises in order to handle catering delays, flight cancellations and other irregularities.
- Assisting as directed on special projects
- Follow-up on PSR and pursers reports
- Research delays and catering issues with catering vendors for commercial, private, AMC, VIP, and cargo flights
- Actively researches new catering vendors for commercial, private, AMC, VIP and cargo flights
- Ensure proper inventory is prepped and sent to downline caterers
- Organize, arrange tray set ups, provide vendors with pictures and necessary product
- Review of catering invoices for accuracy and relays discrepancies to manager.
- Develop galley loading diagrams
- Communicate any inventory or planning deficiencies; tracks and monitors performance
- Preplan commissary and catering COMAT supplies based on aircraft rotations
- Ability to actively listen.
- Ability to process information from a variety of sources and to articulate information in a meaningful way to one’s co-workers or supervisors is critical to this position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage one’s own time to ensure that the work that needs to be accomplished in a given time frame is in fact accomplished.
- Ability to prioritize the work provided by others in terms of importance is imperative to this position.
- Must have a strong understanding of clerical and administrative principles, procedures and systems to complete one’s work with the best available resources, strategies and plan.
- Must have a strong command of English language including grammar, style and punctuation for any written correspondence or communication.
- Ability to receive direct or indirect instruction and act upon such instruction to accomplish a given task. In the event of unclear instruction, must have the ability to clearly ask for further information at their own discretion to gain clarity around tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be comfortable engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written).
- Ability to take initiative on a given task and persist with the task to its completion.
- Able to identify problems and their sources. While not necessarily accountable for the solutions, the individual must be able to identify potential resources to help in the decision making process for a particular problem.
Company: Atlas Air
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX
Application Deadline: N / A