Website Atlas Air
The position will assist with the daily planning and execution of the Company’s global internal audit activities in compliance with Company policies, the Internal Audit Charter and the Institute of Internal Auditors’ (“IIA”) International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (“Standards”). The position will be responsible for the execution of testing associated with Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) compliance. The position reports to the Manager, IA and indirectly to the Vice President and Senior Director of IA.
- Assist with th e execution of all financial and operational global IA activities including the performance of risk assessments, scoping, planning, fieldwork, testing, and administration of self-assessments and repor
- Prepare a list of project-related audit issues and constructively discuss validation and a remediation plan with IA management.
- Provide a brief of all audit issues to IA management for discussion with local management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of data analytical audit techniques.
- Keep IA management informed of the status of audits in progress and any potential problems or significant findings as they arise.
- Assist the effort to maintain and update the comprehensive departmental policies and procedures manual that adheres to the requirements of the IIA’s Standards .
- Work with the Vice President and Senior Director to develop, sustain, and continuously enhance the brand and perceived value of IA within the Company.
- Perform activities related to Section 404 certification including risk assessment, control design and test of operating effectiveness.
- Execute the development and maintenance of appropriate testing strategies and plans to enable management to assess the operating effectiveness of key controls over financial reporting.
- Constructively work with IA management to identify areas for improvement, collectively agree upon and facilitate appropriate corrective actions and remediation while monitoring progress to ensure the timely remediating of significant deficiencies, material weaknesses or exceptions by the Company.
- Demonstrated knowledge of COSO Integrated Frameworks for Internal Control and Enterprise Risk Managemen
- Abilit y to provide sound business judgment and strategic thinking to enable the Company to create and sustain a “best in class” internal control function and risk assurance environment.
- One+ years’ experience in corporate audit, accounting, public accounting or consulting.
- St rong proficiency in internal auditing principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, particularly Section
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of IIA
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Internal Auditing, Finance or Risk Management.
- CPA or CIA certificate highly desirable; MBA a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Word to develop impactful audit reports.
- Proficiency with MS PowerPoint to create executive-level presentations.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Tableau or Python to develop data analytical audit techniques.
- Familiarity or proficiency with Robotic Processing Automation.
- Ability to travel approximately 5 – 10% is requir
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Soun d track record of accomplishment.
Company: Atlas Air
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Purchase, NY
Application Deadline: N / A