Website Atlantic Aviation
The IT Field Operations Engineer is responsible for implementing and supporting the company’s field technology such as site servers, network firewall and switches, IP cameras, VoIP phones systems. wireless access points, access control systems, and other IT equipment. The field engineer must be proficient in low voltage cabling, comfortable working in large commercial buildings, warehouses and industrial plants. Able to work at heights greater than 20’ from a scissor or boom lift. Good working knowledge of networking concepts (switching, routing, firewalls), as well as Windows server and desktop operating systems is required. The IT Field Operations Engineer also works directly with business operations to understand and provide localized technology solutions based on operational needs and company standards.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing organization standards.
- Develops and distributes site documentation as necessary for support
- Receive and analyze any information submitted escalated by Technical Support for the identification, validation, resolution of customer reported issues.
- Work with IT Operations, Business and Functional leaders to implement technology solutions associated with construction, acquisition and divestiture projects.
- Readiness to travel on short notice
- Provides status reports to IT Management
- Oversee local technical projects in alignment with organizational goals
- Deliver quality deployments within agreed upon timelines
- Perform research as necessary by studying organizational goals, strategies, practices and user projects.
- Preserves assets by implementing maintenance procedures and proposed technology refreshes
- Maintain needed vendor relationships to support and deliver various field technology solutions
- Work with Managed Service Provider to ensure all local technology solutions are operating at peak efficiency
- Foster and maintain professional work relationships with operational leaders and co-workers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Superior client and customer management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of field support technology including camera systems, cabling, security and badging solutions, basic networking and wireless technology.
- Eight or more years of experience in IT field systems delivery, maintenance and support.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain technology standards in all areas of responsibility
- Strong working knowledge of Business Unit operations, customer service principles and strong service philosophy.
Company: Atlantic Aviation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Plano, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A