Website West Atlantic AB
Approved apprenticeship scheme whereby the successful candidate will study against an established curriculum whilst fulfilling the duties of an Operations Officer and Crewing Officer within the Operations Control Centre (OCC).
Responsible for coordinating and planning all daily operational activities essential to ensure all flights are operated safely, in accordance with company requirements, and on time.
Successful candidate will also gain exposure to other elements of airline management including Flight Operations Support, Crew Planning, Crew Travel co-ordination and Ground Operations.
- Anticipate and co-ordinate required changes to the flight schedule and liaise with relevant departments.
- Monitor the flight schedule, maintain and update the flight watch board (PDC) as required.
- Inform the Supervisor of any potential risk to the night’s operation due to crewing issues.
- Monitor FDP times and inform the crew if potential delays will result in their FDP being exceeded, in which case alternative plans such as the use of Commander’s Discretion or split duty should be discussed.
- Ensure all customer and internal reports are completed and distributed on time and in full.
- Control and manage crew rosters for all aircraft types for the current week of operation.
- Secure optimum air traffic slots.
- Liaise with line maintenance control with regard to current unserviceability’s and recovery plans.
- Liaise with internal departments and customers as required on current operational matters.
- Ensure all administration is carried out to the required standard and regulations
- Produce zero risk rosters that are efficient and compliant.
- Ensure that the Flight Management software (PDC Crew) is kept up to date when changes occur and ensure that the Supervisor is made aware of any FTL or CWA conflicts as a result of the changes.
- Dispatch computer flight plans for all flights.
- Ensure that copies of all flight plans made available to aircrew.
- Work with the Crewing Assistant to ensure that all ground transport, jump seats, commercial flights and hotel accommodation are booked for the current week of operation.
- Be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills
- Be able to demonstrate excellent Problem solving & Planning skills
- Have a keen interest in the aviation industry
- Be able to demonstrate a sound external perspective of the company, our fleet and our customers.
- Have demonstrated a capacity for high workload such as a track record of extracurricular activities / volunteer work desirable
- Have a proven record of perseverance and seeing things through to the end
- Possess professional, friendly and customer-focused personality
- Have an ability to work under pressure
- Educated to ‘A’ level or equivalent
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Company: West Atlantic AB
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midlands, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A