You will support strategic decisions about the geographic mix, end to end costing, supplier risk management and other new initiatives to deliver savings.
As the finance business partner, your analysis supports the understanding of global economic changes such as currency exchange rate variances, commodity prices and global wage inflation. The sourcing and supply chain strategy is vital to support George with responding to Brexit, Covid and changes following the separation of Asda from Walmart.
You will be responsible for understanding and driving commercial performance improvements, stimulating strategic decision making, driving financial discipline and accountability.
- Drive delivery of ‘End to End’ savings of £20m, challenging where appropriate to ensure that targets are met.
- Be an integral part of the ‘End to End’ project and support the project team to develop a fast, responsive, and cost-effective strategic supply chain strategy.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to reduce costs and increase the visibility of spend on the supply chain such as freight, overseas product consolidation, UK logistics and retail operations cost.
- Analyse and enhance commercial tools to model the impact of exchange rate fluctuations, provide accurate financial forecasts and support financial planning.
- Provide trading and sourcing functions with Margin Building Blocks for their seasonal plans to ensure external economic factors (Ex. rates, labour rates, wage inflation etc.) are incorporated within the buying team’s strategy.
- Deliver analytics at supplier level and identify margin opportunities
- Develop best practice for supplier risk management.
- The role would suit a qualified accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA or individual from a strategy or analytics background interested in working in retail. (Trading finance have experience in commercial finance with confidence to set the agenda)
- An inquisitive mind with a desire to understand how things work and connect together.
- Helpful to have experience in more advanced analytical software, e.g. Alteryx / Tableau /Power BI. You must have demonstrable analytical and data visualisation skills.
- A growth mindset to invest in the development opportunities available both technically and personally.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: York, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A