Website American Airlines
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
- This job is a member of the Technical Operations Team within the Integrated Operations Division.
- Responsible for managing project expectations, driving on time deliverables within designated parameters, and leading a group of cross-functional project partner teams to deliver each project goal expeditiously.
- Manages, plans, coordinates, and leads all aspects of interdisciplinary projects, including: but not limited to, Technical Operations Engineering, Records, Supply Chain, and Maintenance.
- Works independently as a Project Manager for the development, design, and implementation of processes and procedures.
- Holds a crucial role collaborating within Technical Operations, to affect the success per the project goals.
- Establishes project plans that consist of project goals, scope, timeline, milestones, tasks, communication strategies, and deliverable schedules.
- Monitors, tracks and facilitates all fleets projects to ensure production readiness quality.
- Prioritizes project planning work for effective risk and change management.
- Interface with multiple systems to manage daily deliverables and task execution.
- Acts as SME for any questions or issues in the project process and/or technical work details.
- Acts as a project leader, driving project progress, leading teamwork, and supporting the project team members to succeed in their roles and responsibilities.
- Collaborate in a diversified and cross-functional team environment (Compliance, Finance, Engineering, AD/ECO planning, Material/Tooling Planning, AD/CFR, Stores, Records, other Tech Ops organizations, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Planning, Project Management or equivalent work experience/training
- 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager, or in management roles in aviation maintenance, engineering, and planning capacity
Aviation experience is a must
- Project Management certification
- Previous supervisory experience and knowledge of AA budgeting, policies, and procedures
- Proven self-starter, with a positive attitude and a high learning capacity
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written with all levels within the organization
- Ability to develop project plan, quality control goals as well as lessons learning opportunities
- Problem resolution ability with a high degree of motivation, thoroughness, integrity, and reliability
- Proven reliable Project Management skills, experience managing scope, technical details, schedules, and budgets in a project environment
- Ability to think “outside the box” and leverage data responsibilities to help drive performance improvements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, MS Teams, etc.
- Strong people management skills, must have “can do” attitude in serving our team and the business mission with pride
Company: American Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A