Website American Airlines
Maintaining a fleet of one thousand aircraft is no mean task. An even bigger challenge: getting parts and services in a timely fashion, where required, to maintain this fleet of aircraft that operates round the clock and across the globe. For the Tech Ops Supply Chain department at American Airlines, it’s all in a day’s work.
American Airlines’ Tech Ops Supply Chain department manages a complex supply chain for aircraft parts and related services; a supply chain that includes manufacturers; repair and overhaul service providers; transportation and logistics providers; warehouses; stores; and distribution centers.
The Commodity Managers and Analysts help manage this complex supply chain, by playing a variety of roles that involve sourcing and supplier selection; supplier relationship management; material and inventory planning; stores and warehouse management; and material logistics. Furthermore, the department engages in detailed analytics and financial evaluations to measure the effectiveness and operational impact of the supply chain. A newly hired Commodity Manager or an Analyst has the opportunity to lead multiple projects spanning one or more phases of the supply chain mentioned above.
And to top it all, American Airlines offers a robust benefits package, including travel privileges for employees, family and friends.
- Create, negotiate, implement and manage long term purchase agreements
- Develop and promote strategic partnerships with suppliers
- Provide financial analysis support for financial negotiations of multi-million dollar contracts. Contract analysis may include working with business units in the Marketing, Field Services and Technical Services areas
- Develop goals and metrics for, measure, and manage supplier performance
- Manage the department’s annual capital and operating budget
- Forecast purchase and repair volumes for engines and components
- Manage strategic and timely allocation of spare parts and assets to support scheduled and unscheduled operational requirements across the AA system
- Prepare and present analyses and recommendations to a broad range of management levels
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant pre-MBA experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience outside of the classroom
- Advanced business understanding – particularly in Supply Chain Management and Financial Analysis
- Understanding of, and ability to use technical tools for analysis, problem solving, and forecasting
- Demonstrated ability to extract data, analyze, develop a strategy, and collaborate with others to implement
- Skilled in organizational and interpersonal dealings facilitating productive business relationships
- Assertiveness to negotiate and mediate complex contracts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High ethical standards
- Self- starter with high sense of urgency and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Moderate to extensive travel
- Must be pursuing MBA
Company: American Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A