The Kernel and Operating System team is responsible for the kernel, the hypervisor and the userland on top of which run all of the services offered by AWS, including EC2. Because security is always the top priority, the Kernel and Operating System team together with AWS Security are continuously striving to identify potential security risks early and resolve them swiftly.
Taking on security issues at this scale and speed requires a passion for engineering novel solutions to complex security challenges, as well as the ability to quickly design and build internal-facing tools to address those challenges.
This position requires a person who is comfortable with low level C as used in operating system kernels and hypervisors. The successful candidate will be able to investigate reported security issues, often based on research papers, logs, or PoC code. The security challenges extend to CPU and hardware based side-channels and the Microcode.
The role requires software engineering skills to create and improve tooling, automate operational work, and generate expressive metrics, reporting and alarming. To proactively improve code security, the candidate will be able to use sophisticated approaches including static code analysis, formal code verification and fuzzing. In this way the role is expected to have influence over other teams and have a sustained positive effect on the security of our products.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similiar experience
- Low level C programming skills
- Tool development (Python or scripting languages)
- Demonstrate that you can apply your security knowledge to Hypervisors and Operating System Kernels
- Security industry experience (vulnerability handling, fuzzing, code inspection, static code analysis, formal verification, penetration testing)
- Ability to work with binary exploits and low level code
- Experience working with the Linux kernel, and KVM or Xen hypervisors
- Post-graduate or doctorate degree
- Familiarity with AWS services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dresden, Saxony, DE
Application Deadline: N/A