Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with just standing still. We’re aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
We’re also seeking an organised, motivated and technically skilled Operations Manager seeking a savvy professional who will drive innovation and execution excellence in our transportation network hub.
At a high level, you’ll keep several consistent, major deliverables in mind, including comprehensive process and workflow optimisation. Amazonians are always hungry to improve wherever they can, and in your role you’ll perform to the same standard.
As just one of your day-to-day duties, you will be managing an Outbound parcel delivery operation: this will mean you overseeing performance, and carrying out any necessary examinations at weekly, monthly and annual intervals. This will help you ensure that your colleagues and peers all operate at optimum productivity levels.
Leading on from this, you will drive towards greater team efficiency. All throughout achieving this goal, you’ll balance your team’s efforts to improve, with their steadfast commitment to excellent customer service. Together as one unit, you’ll exceed productivity goals, and ensure that Amazon continues to delight the customer, and exceed expectations wherever possible.
At the more granular level, you’ll manage and coordinate staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives and process change initiatives, as you steadily work towards attaining the Amazon Business Plan. Moreover, each and every day, you; will develop, encourage and strengthen our strong culture of Health and Safety best practices, alongside participating in cross-functional Process and Business improvement projects elsewhere in the Amazon EU Operations network.
- You hold a Degree in Engineering, Operations or in a related Logistics field,
- You possess excellent technical skills, that you can utilise as you solve a wide range of problems and obstacles,
- A Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) would be highly desirable,
- Demonstrable previous experience as a leader in the Transportation and Delivery industries, in a similar, fast-paced Logistics environment,
- You’re a proven analytical thinker and project manager, with close attention-to-detail and the ability to positively influence others,
- You possess sound business acumen, with a track record of successfully delivering quantifiable results; you also have a solid understanding of and expertise in carrier operations,
- Accomplished professional history of delivering projects within scope and budget, on-time, while meeting required quality standards,
- Demonstrable ability in managing data and details, as you establish root cause, while extrapolating and manipulating data to deliver appropriate solutions,
- You’re willing and able to work to flexible schedules and shifts: you always commit the time required to get the job done,
- You’re a forward-thinking innovator who thrives on change, while remaining unfazed by occasional ambiguity,
- You’re an excellent communicator, in fluent written and spoken English, with the ability to communicate at all levels of seniority within a large organisation,
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wolverhampton, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A