We are looking for exceptionally talented, bright and driven people to join our Operations Teams to complete the Operations Specialist Team Leader Apprenticeship at one of our last mile Delivery Stations in the UK.
Team Leaders drive the pulse of our operations on the ground and play a key role in getting our customers’ orders out to them in every step of the chain.
- Create and cultivate a safe working environment by identifying safety opportunities across your work area,
- Manage and train our Associates to help deliver the best service for our customers,
- Ensure that customer orders are fulfilled in line with quality and safety guidelines,
- Continuously provide critical shift related information to frontline management and operators,
- Adjust labor allocation throughout your shifts to meet and exceed plans and forecasts,
- Engage with support functions and/or other departments to address common issues or needs in key areas of performance e.g. process area readiness, 5S, safety, training,
- Help to solve logistics and supply chain challenges through data analysis, innovation and process optimization.
- For the apprenticeship program we prioritize applicants eligible to government funding for their apprenticeship and for this you need to:
- Have lived in the UK or in the European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 years,
- Not be registered to study on a UK government funded course ending August 2022 or later.
- You will be 18 years old or older before the contract’s start date,
- Be a resident of the UK for the entire duration of the program,
- If you already have a level 3 or above qualification in leadership/management or a similar subject, you will not be eligible to this apprenticeship.
- You are able to work with data,
- You have a sense of ownership, and aim to lead by example to motivate employees to achieve their best,
- You have 3 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) including Maths and English,
- You can demonstrate strong communication skills,
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A