We’re seeking a Delivery Station Manager to join our Amazon Logistics team. You’ll operate out of one of our dynamic Delivery Stations: they are at the heart of Amazon’s rapidly growing Operations and Logistics network: they’re where we sort and process our parcels. They’re also where we developed our industry-leading workflows.
As a Delivery Station Manager, you’ll deliver inspiring, supportive leadership for the teams you lead. But at the same time, you don’t shy away from rolling up your sleeves and getting involved whenever necessary.
You’ll be directly responsible for developing a team of Area Managers and their direct reports: meanwhile, you will report to the Senior Operations Manager. The quality of your leadership is key to success in this role: you’ll tactfully motivate and inspire your teams to do their best work, while planning schedules and activities that balance their needs with that of the business.
Another key aspect of the role is to lead on numerous process improvement projects, with the aim of streamlining all activities, both for yourself and the team members you lead. The ideas, innovation and leaps out of the status quo that you come up with could very well be rolled out across the Amazon network: this immense opportunity is yours for the taking.
- Your role will be pivotal in the overall management, control, organisation and direction of the Delivery Station. Your responsibilities will include, amongst others:
- Maintaining Health and Safety standards within your remit area, while promoting and inspiring a culture of safety on-site,
- Become proficient on specific, larger-scale processes and activities within Delivery Stations, such as 5S audits,
- In your inventory control and systems environment, you’ll handle meaningful data collection, updating operations metrics on an hourly basis,
- Therefore, you’ll aim to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors and ensure an excellent customer experience,
- Partnering closely with other support teams (HR, Finance, Facilities, Safety and Security, IT) on staffing plans, schedules and performance levels,
- Implement progressive process change and contribute in cross-functional Six Sigma initiatives within your site and the broader Amazon EU Operations network,
- Possess a degree from an accredited institution,
- Previous experience in leading large, diverse teams,
- You possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Master’s degree,
- You possess a grasp of Kaizen and Lean methodologies and related techniques.
- You embrace change, and are willing to relocate if necessary.
- You’re competent in two or more production or supply chain areas, with an impressive track record in a similar, dynamic logistics, distribution or manufacturing environment,
- You possess the ability to organise details, establish and carry out root cause analysis, and then extract and analyse the data you generate,
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A