Amazon Logistics is experiencing unprecedented growth and is looking to hire an experienced, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Project Manager that will be responsible and own all the network wide projects from concept to handover across the whole network of sites. Due to the continued expansion strategy this will include new site launches, dilapidations and projects deemed critical to the business from an engineering and facilities perspective. Full UK legal and statutory compliance knowledge to ensure al projects detail exceed the standards and align, develop the existing process and concept.
- Provide leadership and coordination between internal departments and MHE vendors for multiple installation sites.
- Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing
- Work very closely with the UK Real Estate, IT and Process teams together with the software and Operations Integration teams to ensure on time project delivery.
- Understand the Operational process in detail, including the all the relevant WMS tools used on a daily basis.
- Provide frequent on-site monitoring and enforcement of installation schedules and vendor quality with MHE vendors/subcontractors.
- Inspect prospective and completed facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures, ensuring proper follow-up on snagging lists and warranty work
- Lead and coordinate design efforts between internal teams and outside vendors to develop optimal solutions for Amazon Logistical network, including equipment specifications and Fulfillment Centre (FC) layouts.
- Capital project management to include – Creation of conceptual drawings, equipment specifications and bid documentation to facilitate a competitive bid environment
- Coordinate with local site management to ensure proper operator training, procedural compliance, maintenance practices are followed for new and existing MHE equipment
- Creating, submitting and tracking the relevant Capex documentation to ensure that all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Ability to financially justify and deliver complex solutions to capacity restraints.
- Ability to design, specify and layout MHE from manual to automated solutions
- Ability to effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to provide leadership and technical guidance to field personnel – Experience in Lean Manufacturing, six sigma and/or Toyota Manufacturing System.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Recognized experience on equipment design and layout of mechanical handling/conveyance/packaging systems.
- Proven technical leadership experience in development and implementation of large scale, complex projects.
- In-depth knowledge of standard industry practices including Lean Manufacturing
- Excellent working knowledge using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project, and related software
- Ability to travel to throughout the UK dependent on Project location
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A