We are currently looking to hire a Workplace Health & Safety Coordinators to join the team and play a critical role in supporting the Amazon Logistics Operational teams onsite. We are looking for an independent individual who can still be a team player with the current WHS team members.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, innovative, and hands-on and customer obsessed individual, passionate about safety and able to drive strategy to build an engaging, safe, environment. They will identify, coordinate and drive improvements in safety whilst engaging operational and other support function stakeholders. The successful candidate will be a flexible when it comes to travel and working hours, as the working environment is fast pace.
- Assist with risk assessments as required and follow up control measures to completion
- Advise associates and managers on company procedures and legal requirements within the level of a Coordinators knowledge.
- Monitor the station for compliance to company safety procedures
- Assist with the investigation of incidents to establish root cause and develop required action plans with relevant processes
- Update internal records with regards to incidents, near misses and accidents
- Collate and produce weekly safety report as required
- Attend health and safety meetings on a monthly basis
- Undertake projects and information gathering to establish hazards and level of risk within the delivery station
- Be involved in undertaking action plans to ensure continuing compliance with Legislation
- Be able to maintain confidentiality in matters involving safety investigations
- Monitor Dock and Yard safety procedures to ensure compliance
- Monitor Smart Handling safety procedures to ensure compliance
- Carry out EHS training sessions for managers and associates as required
- Full UK Driving Licence
- NVQ Level 3 in a safety related field/NEBOSH Certificate desirable
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft / Excel / Powerpoint
- Successful candidates must enroll in the EHS Apprenticeship Scheme and obtain qualification within 18 months if candidate does not have
- NEBOSH/NVQ Level 3 in Safety
- Experience in logistics / operations/ warehouse/ customer
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A