As a Solutions Architect within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (e.g., Amazon Lambda, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon CloudFront) directly with our ecosystem of systems integrators, consulting and technology partners. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, responding to RFPs, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on security as it relates to customer applications and services.
As a Solutions Architect on our team, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership while working with a world class sales and business development team. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge with the AWS solution architect community. You will gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
The position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals
- Prior experience in a technical role within a sales organization
- Experience leading an Enterprise firm through a Cloud Migration
- Understanding of application, server, and network security (NIST 800-53, NIST-800-171, FedRAMP, DoD CC SRG)
- Experience working for or working with consulting companies
- Experience working for a venture-funded technology startup company
- 8+ years enterprise IT experience or 5+ years consulting experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in one of the following fields:
- Networking Architecture
- Security Architecture
- DevOps Engineering
- Systems Architecture
- Storage/HCI Architecture
- VMware vSphere
- The ability to travel 30%
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greenville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A