As an IT Support Engineer I, you will use your knowledge and specialized skills to implement technical solutions and provide high quality support for computer hardware, operating systems, or enterprise application software. You are able to determine when it is appropriate to deviate from a standard practice to accomplish the desired result. You can troubleshoot and solve straightforward problems that do not have defined SOPs.
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.
- Network engineering and troubleshooting, data cabling and systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments.
- Ensuring infrastructure networking and computing systems remain available during production hours.
- Interacting with management and staff to provide analytical and technical assistance for continuous improvement of IT solutions.
- Managing local technical projects.
- Maintaining or creating policies, procedures, and processes.
- Identifying root-causes of operational issues and process inefficiencies.
- Moving up to 49lbs as well as standing and walking during shifts lasting up to 12 hours.
- Traveling up to 25% of the time.
- High school or equivalent diploma
- 2+ Years of experience in a professional environment
- Fluent in Cisco/networking and either Linux and/or Microsoft
- 2+ years of experience of troubleshooting in a multi-user high availability environment
- 2+ years or experience with networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
- 2+ years of experience in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
- 1+ years IT experience with client, server, and network service delivery
- Must have one of the following certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Cisco/CCNA, Linux (Redhat), Microsoft hardware (installation), AWS, or other industry relevant certifications
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Macon, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A