You will collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements and will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects in order to migrate customer environments to AWS cloud based database platforms.
Our professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as high volume mission critical OLTP/OLAP environments, batch data processing, designing and deploying future state petabyte-scale data warehouse service and building and/or designing reference configurations to enable our customers and influence AWS RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB and Redshift adoption.
- Employ customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, standard methodologies, project management and risk mitigation
- Work closely with AWS Platform Service Engineering and Architecture teams to help ensure the success of project consulting engagements with customer
- Work directly with customers’ technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
- Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Analyze on-premises database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, or other Commercial DB Engines to Open Source Engines like Aurora PostgreSQL/MySQL or RedShift, DynamoDB.
- Work with customers to migrate their database environments to AWS. This may include, but is not limited to Re-Host database platform on AWS, Upgrade/Optimize for AWS, Re-Factor to open source database platform on AWS
- Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
- Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
- 5+ years of DBA experience in Oracle, SQL Server, or other commercial/open source database platforms
- Experience with migrating mission critical database environments from one platform to another
- Experience working with high availability, disaster recovery and server tuning strategies including parameters, resources, contention, etc.
- Experience in Shell/Perl/ Scripting
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, or equivalent professional or military experience
- Relevant Application/Database replatforming experience (Commercial to Open Source Engines)
- Knowledge of replication technologies such as Oracle GoldenGate, Amazon Database Migration Service, or similar
- Experience with mission critical databases across multiple database platforms
- Experience in Data Modelling, ETL/ELT workflow management desired & ability to write, tune SQL queries desired
- Experience in writing procedural language artifacts: PL/SQL, T-SQL, PL/pgSQL, stored procedures
- Experience in AWS Platforms and Service
- Experience with Custom/COTS Applications and their implementation/maintenance is highly desired
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Naples, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A