The Workforce Staffing (WFS) team is looking for a non-exempt Staffing Coordinator. The Staffing Coordinators are the primary candidate facing members of our field teams, serving in both executional and decision making roles. Staffing Coordinators will be responsible for ensuring that our candidates and stakeholders experience the highest level of Customer Obsession. In this high volume hiring space, you will support staffing project initiatives, daily assignments, and general task completion. In this multi-purpose role; you will execute candidate engagement and optimization for a defined geography (node). The Staffing Coordinator will focus on owning the tactical development and delivery of community engagement plans, supporting labor demand plans for multiple sites across the node, and execution of candidate engagement activities. You will be an analytical thinker who can see around corners and demonstrate a passion for process improvement, candidate experience and onboarding process improvement. You will work with a team of Staffing Coordinators who thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment. Our WFS node teams work flexible schedules, shifts, and areas to include evenings. We roll up our sleeves, work hard, have fun and make history!
- Partners with Staffing Manager to support community groups such as workforce development agencies or local community colleges to leverage grassroots sourcing channels to develop talent communities to fill positions
- Effectively executes NHE activities including Greeter, Welcome Event Presenter, Candidate Care Specialist, Computer Assistance, Badge Photo, and/or Drug Test Administrator
- Resolves candidate escalation issues by contacting them to identify issues, offering to reschedule them, or assisting candidates who are having virtual NHO technology issues, or assistance with any other concerns
- Utilizes Applicant Tracking System to move candidates through the application process and updates appointment arrival status for NHE and NHO
- Ensures all documents are scanned into the digital file management system
- Initiates Candidate onboarding and matching them to the proper requisition
- Serves as the lead to pre plan, execute, and audit New Hire Orientation (NHO) (proctored) or (virtual). Communicates and coordinates with site HR and Operations Leadership team for proctored NHO greeting. Completes post-even audit of proctored NHO event and communicates event metrics to site and staffing leadership
- Contacts candidates with cleared contingencies in order to eliminate risk of not meeting labor orders
- Serves as the lead to pre plan, execute, and audit New Hiring Events (NHE) based on labor projections to meet the labor order demands and fill on-time. Completes post-event audit of event and communicates event metrics to staffing leadership
- Guides applicants through the hiring process in accordance with Amazon’s policies and procedures
- Ensures 100% compliance for work authorization documentation for associates
- Consults with applicants on the best match for their desired position and available opportunities in Node
- Meets critical deadlines for initiating background screening and completing drug test process to achieve labor orders
- Ability to work in a complex organization that is fast-paced and constantly changing to meet current challenges. This position must function in this environment on a daily basis and react quickly to meet pressing needs.
- Flexibility and adaptability in dealing with rapidly changing priorities and demands necessary, including daily work location and business line support.
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems or other tracking and reporting systems like Salesforce
- A Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
- The preferred qualifications, we prefer:
- Must have strong initiative and the ability to work independently with minimal direction/supervision.
- 3+ years of experience in a fast paced, customer oriented environment, such as operations, administrative support, customer service, retail, hospitality, staffing, recruiting, human resources or other related field
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal verbal/written skills
- Prior experience working in Human Resources, Staffing, or Recruiting is preferred
- Ability to work with very diverse groups of people at all levels of authority.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A