As an IT Support Engineer I, you will use your knowledge and specialized skills to implement technical solutions and provide high quality support for computer hardware, operating systems, or enterprise application software. You are able to determine when it is appropriate to deviate from a standard practice to accomplish the desired result. You can troubleshoot and solve straightforward problems that do not have defined SOPs.
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.
- Network engineering and troubleshooting, data cabling and systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments.
- Ensure infrastructure networking and computing systems remain available during production hours.
- Interact with management and staff to provide analytical and technical assistance for continuous improvement of IT solutions.
- Manage local technical projects.
- Maintain or create policies, procedures, and processes.
- Identify root-causes of operational issues and process inefficiencies.
- Ability to move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk for 10-12 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 1+ years IT experience with client, server, and network service delivery
- 2+ years or experience with networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
- High School or equivalent diploma
- 2+ years of experience of troubleshooting in a multi-user high availability environment
- 2+ Years of experience in a professional environment
- 2+ years of experience in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
- Must have one of the following certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Cisco/CCNA, Linux (Redhat), Microsoft hardware (installation), AWS, or other industry relevant certifications
- Up to 60% regional travel
- Valid state driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field.
- Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory)
- Cisco CCENT certification
- Data center infrastructure and facilities experience
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Ability to manage high priority projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fayetteville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A