At Aldi, the scale of property projects we’re undertaking is huge. That’s why we’re on the lookout for a motivated Purchasing Assistant to join the team on a 12-month fixed-term contract. You’ll be the one to keep us in check.
As a Purchasing Assistant, you’ll provide operational and administrative support to the Goods Not For Resale Procurement Management Team throughout the non-merchandise procurement process, taking responsibility for the administration and delivery of sourcing projects and the realisation of cost savings. You’ll also support the development and implementation of category plans, as well as interpreting spend analytics to inform sourcing activity.
- Delivery of sourcing projects/tender process/procurement process including utilisation of SAP Ariba.
- Contract implementation process/contract repository.
- Supplier on-boarding/supplier contract database.
- Chapter 8 tracking and administration/contract renewal diary management.
- Project savings tracker.
- First refusal tracker.
- Tracking of cost savings.
- Policy and procedure management.
- Departmental administration/PA duties.
- Requires comprehensive IT skills and experience including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook and SAP Ariba.
- A-Levels or equivalent.
- Educated to degree level is desirable.
- Previous corporate experience.
- Experience of strategic sourcing and negotiation.
- Contracting and supplier management experience.
- eProcurement or Goods Not For Resale experience is desirable.
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Working knowledge of and experience with SAP Ariba.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and data analysis skills.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Efficient with the ability to prioritise a very busy, varied workload.
- Flexible and resilient when workload demands it.
- Ability to plan ahead.
- Proactive attitude to teamwork.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Diary management skills.
- Member of MCIPS is desirable.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Coventry, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A