Now, more than ever, climate change is a big priority. Over the 12-months you spend with us as a forward-thinking Energy and Environment Assistant, you’ll help improve our environmental impact. That’s why this is so much more than just a career, it’s your chance to help us change our work for the better, and in turn helping the planet.
The successful candidate will support the Energy and Environment Manager to deliver Aldi UK & Ireland’s energy and environment strategy. This includes topics such as energy, carbon and water management, colleague engagement and renewables. In addition to this, they will also be required to complete a number of general administrative tasks.
- Collaborating with different departments across both national and international departments, in addition to a number of external consultants.
- Build and manage stakeholder relationships in order to help drive Aldi’s energy and environment strategy.
- Managing your own time to prioritise multiple tasks and deadlines across a variety of projects.
- Providing updates and seeking sign off from the Energy and Environment Manager.
- A number of general administrative tasks to support the team.
- Experience working in a multi-site business.
- Previous experience in an environment/sustainability role.
- Expertise within energy and carbon management.
- Built environment and renewables (i.e. solar, sub-meeting) skills.
- Data analysis skills.
- Passionate about climate change, energy and sustainability.
- Ability to prioritise effectively, managing multiple projects at once.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong attention to detail and tracking of costs/savings.
- Highly proficient/advanced Excel capabilities.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and be flexible to business requirements.
- Ability to plan ahead with a strong sense of personal organisation.
- Enjoys working as part of a dynamic team.
- Willing to go the extra mile.
- Curious, conscientious and driven mind-set.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Swindon, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A