With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, it’s essential our customer interaction approach is the best of the best, so it’s important we’re delivering outstanding training experiences to colleagues across the world. That’s why we’re on the lookout for an experienced Training Manager to join #TeamAldi.
As a Training Manager, you’ll develop an excellent understanding of how our organisation works and the sector we operate in, as you will be helping to shape the future of Aldi’s customer interaction global training approach. You’ll play a key role in communicating between technical teams and stakeholders across multiple countries, conveying how technology can support users in countries, and will be responsible for the planning and delivery of all training activity.
- Direct management of a team of internal training experts, and a team of subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Coach and mentor all direct reports, whilst ensuring high levels of employee engagement.
- Manage third-party/external relationships.
- Ensure workstream progress is always aligned with overall customer interaction goals and objectives.
- Broad knowledge in customer interaction solutions.
- Approval/sign-off of engaging training content to be utilised by a global audience.
- Support the build of training schedules and coordination of training activities across multiple countries.
- Management of cross-country alignment to ensure all stakeholders are fully aware of project movements at all times.
- Pro-active identification of training opportunities and supporting the development of effective solutions.
- Stakeholder management across various hierarchy levels to ensure transparency.
- Provide support during preparation, training and cutover activities where necessary.
- Source new training providers and explore the most cost-effective options for these at all times.
- Alignment with senior stakeholders in order to ensure learnings from previous training activities are accounted for with all future activity.
- Manage the practice of country coaching at team level, in order to ensure maximum business benefit.
- Supporting senior stakeholders to increase engagement and buy-in where necessary, through being a true advocate of customer interaction.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject area.
- Professional qualification in a relevant area is desirable.
- Experience in training/learning and development.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven track record of designing and executive training within a global organisation.
- Experience with training on digital solutions/systems, as well as working at a global level is desirable.
- Project management experience is desirable.
- Previous experience of working within an agile team is also desirable.
- Strong inter-personal and people management skills, with experience of interacting with stakeholders across multiple locations.
- Excellent business writing skills.
- Broad knowledge of training methods available to utilise.
- Strong networking skills to align and collaborate with all country stakeholders, in addition to global business coordination and IT.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Logical and efficient work ethic with high attention to detail.
- Confident communicator and facilitator of workshops and meetings.
- Capable of building trust and relationships at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A systematic, analytical approach to problem solving.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A