Our Buying Teams are at the centre of everything we do. They make sure we deliver our promise of providing high quality products at low prices to our customers. It’s so much more than just a career; it’s an integral part of the business that keeps us going. As a Category Insight Assistant, you’ll be the one helping us deliver on our promise, monitoring and maintaining sales figures whilst constantly striving to provide insight to senior management.
You’ll be involved in preparing and circulating a variety of category reports, often to tight deadlines and always with precise attention to detail. As well as this, you’ll actively manage your area of responsibility, using your initiative and suggesting ways of improving processes and systems for greater efficiency.
- Contribute positively and constructively to the Category Team and the Corporate Buying Department.
- Drive, support and provide strategy related to business performance.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with external parties and service providers when required.
- Ensure all projects within the area of responsibility are delivered on time and within the budget and scope agreed with the Category Manager.
- Actively manage your area of responsibility by using initiative and suggesting ways of improving processes and systems for greater efficiency.
- Document existing business processes and propose new processes where required.
- Ensure adherence to all legal requirements, health and safety and due diligence measures in their area of responsibility.
- Assist the Category Department with testing of new procedures and systems.
- Educated to GCSE level with a grade C or above in Maths and English.
- Preparation of senior level reports.
- Proven aptitude for interpreting data into meaningful insights.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Data manipulation, interrogation and presentation of business performance.
- High levels of accuracy.
- Comfortable dealing with complex data.
- Ability to cope with multiple tasks, work under pressure and deliver against short deadlines.
- Can deliver solutions autonomously.
- High levels of initiative and proactivity.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A