As one of the UK’s fastest growing retailers, we’re constantly seeking better ways to serve our customers in store and online, which is why we’re on the lookout for a highly motivated Business Designer to join the team.
As a Business Designer, you’ll be responsible for designing and optimising new and current business services within the customer interaction domain, and will enhance Aldi’s digital presence globally in the retail sector. You will focus on preparing the business to deliver new services and to continue to optimise and enhance existing offers.
- Model the anticipated operational/commercial performance of the service (in the beginning and at scale).
- Maintain consistency in the design of digital business operations in support of Aldi’s overall customer experience.
- Define and maintain the operating model for digital initiatives in the countries, including organisation design, operational business processes, key performance metrics/targets, operating locations and technical solutions.
- Define what structures, roles, interfaces, governance and internal KPIs are required to operate the new services.
- Define what business processes and procedures are required to operate the new services.
- Ensure close alignment with other Aldi teams (e.g. with the Stores Teams on new initiatives).
- Collaborate with the Research Team on commercial modelling where required to validate commercial ambition versus business operations cost.
- Communicate with country stakeholders to source requirements for new business services.
- Work with success management to rollout organisational changes at scale across global and/or country teams.
- Take an ‘inside out’ design approach i.e. thinks what the business needs to do to deliver this service for our customers.
- Design at a conceptual (macro) and detailed level for new services being introduced for customers.
- Bring customer propositions to life from a service perspective.
- Prototype/pilot new services to test their commercial and operational viability.
- Ensure a holistic, joined up end user (customer) experience is designed and tested.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working in a customer interaction related projects or departments.
- Previous experience working in at least one of the following: commercial/business modelling, organisational scoping/design, business process mapping and business process modelling and notation.
- Expertise in workshop facilitation.
- Excellent presentation materials development skills.
- Experience in and comfort working in fast paced environments.
- Working in agile team environments and being a team player.
- Exposure to customer interaction relevant technology areas e.g. web content management, mobile apps, customer relationship management and marketing campaign planning and execution.
- Willing to travel to Aldi south countries as required (10-30%).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A