The Operations Manager will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the operations of the mortgage’s division. The responsibilities include ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of department through the provision of effective methods and strategies. The role of Operations Manager is important to us. You will lead a motivated and competent team, through day to day performance management and coaching, while driving proactive decision making through front line managers and core operating staff.
- Working part of a wider management team to plan and deliver short- and long-term plans to support the strategic plans of the mortgage’s division and bank as a whole
- Understanding the securities, financials, portfolios, and business affordability models to ensure appropriate lending at all stages within the Mortgage application and in-life management process
- Implementing and managing the appropriate matrix management structure, to ensure delivery to business objectives.
- Utilise business MI, forecasts, budgets and market information to plan and co-ordinate team and department strategy to ensure successful achievement of daily and monthly goals and business vision and increase performance.
- Continuously develop personal, team and department knowledge on competitor positions, regulatory requirements and market conditions.
- Build a team, culture and business practices that support and drive an exceptional service proposition that make us award winning market leaders.
- Formulate relevant department policies and best practices, aligned to business drivers of efficiency, and cost savings, identifying opportunities and validating through cost and benefit reviews.
- Deliver to budgeted targets in terms of resource planning, including appropriately managing recruitment, training and performance
- Management of key third party panels and partnerships, measuring performance, resolving issues ensuring appropriate execution of all processes.
- Improve the operational systems; processes and policies in support of the organisational goals – specifically, delivery to set targets and forecasts, flow of information and organisational planning.
- To manage, coach and develop reporting lines directly or through support managers and team leaders, creating a balanced and skilled lower tier management, ensuring adoption of positive and professional principles with their staff reports
- Demonstrating adaptability to work with and manage varying operational teams, projects and initiatives.
- Experience and success with previous management roles, working within the financial services sector.
- Capability in managing through front line managers and team leaders
- Involvement with business change, supporting as a business lead or SME, to deliver key projects
- Ability to challenge and debate issues facing the department and wider business to ensure appropriate action and resolution
- Comfortable working in a changing and fast paced environment, balancing change and improvements with necessary regulatory controls and risk mitigants
- Knowledge and experience of managing both processes and people within a regulatory risk and lending environment
- Continuously demonstrating a collaborative approach to delivery, managing key stakeholders and inter team dependencies.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A