As the first point of contact for our patients and their caregivers, you’ll have the opportunity to shape their customer experience and make each interaction outstanding. You’ll be empowered to do this through a suite of tools and resources that help you and your team maintain operational excellence and provide custom services that save your patients time and money. As a member of the team, you’ll accomplish your goals and contribute to something bigger –impacting patient lives.
At CVS Health, our Pharmacy Technicians are at the forefront of our purpose of helping people on their path to better health. As a Pharmacy Technician in one of our retail stores, you’ll use your knowledge and skills to help thousands of people in your community get the medications they need to live healthier lives.
- Actively seeks opportunities to expand clinical, technical and insurance knowledge.
- Complies with CVS policies and procedures to ensure patient safety, and protect patient privacy and security.
- Demonstrates compassion and care by proactively identifying and resolving potential problems.
- Balances quality and efficiency in all tasks, contributing to both patient outcomes and broader team goals.
- Communicates among a number of individuals, including patients, co-workers, insurance companies, and prescribers
- As allowable in applicable states, certified and trained Pharmacy Technicians can expand on their clinical and managerial responsibilities,
- including administering vaccinations.
- Creates genuine human connections by focusing on service, and keeping patients and caregivers top of mind at all times.
- Understands and follows applicable Federal and State laws (e.g., HIPAA), regulations (e.g., OSHA), professional standards, and ethical principles.
- Lives our purpose of helping people on their path to better health by engaging customers to learn about their health and medications.
- Works on a team to fulfill prescription orders from start to finish with an in-depth understanding of each workstation
- Ability to push and pull objects, including drawers and other items of similar weight, as well as reaching overhead.
mum to a height of 4 feet).
- Is able to load and unload trays/cases/totes (30 pound maxi
tanding / walking for an extended period of time.
- Wrist / finger speed; ability to make fast, simple, repetitive movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to handle and work with small instruments and objects.
- Near vision; ability to see details at close range to perform activities such as: transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small parts
- Auditory attention; ability to focus on a single source of sound in the presence of other distracting sounds.
- Bending/squatting/leaning to a considerable degree and requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Qualification & Experience:
- revious experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting.
- Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
- National Certification from an accredited pharmacy technician certification program approved by specific state regulations (e.g. PTCB, ExCPT, etc.).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Haven, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A